Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Human Gallery is finally on Steam Greenlight

Hey! :)

Sorry it has been quiet for a little while. There has been so much to do for the Greenlight. Some of the smallest things can be the ones that are the hardest. But, I've finally listed The Human Gallery on Steam Greenlight! I did it yesterday and already the comments and stats are looking very encouraging.
Though it will be tricky to keep up as there are lots of new projects added daily. But I'm confident, and hopefully some of the medias will play the demo and write about it.

But yeah! When I listed to Greenlight I uploaded the first gameplay footage of the game. So far all the comments are suggesting that people are truly liking the art-style and overall atmosphere which is exactly what I'm after. All good so far! :)

Ah, Finnish Steam here. Almost missed that bit, so what that image shows from top to down is your current position on your way to top 100. Unique visitors, "Yes" votes and followers.

This whole preparing for Steam Greenlight has been pretty stressful and I have not been able to work on game's length, but now that I've listed the game I can't wait to move on new scenarios with the game. I've something wicked in my mind, it will be awesome!

When I listed my previous game Silence of the Sleep you needed a lot more votes to reach the top 100. I can also see a huge difference on average stats when compared to times I listed SotS. I think Steam is closing the Greenlight at some point, and maybe this is part of it. But I'm hoping I still get the permission to release before that happens!

But yes, to keep up I've sent a lots of email to various medias, hopefully they will write about the game. I've also contacted a bunch of Youtube LP's and MathasGames already played the demo and seemed to enjoy it! Hopefully a few more LP's will play it as well, though getting through to them is very difficult. Can't even imagine the amount of email they receive every day. I've also been using Twitter to spread the word, something I did not use with my previous game too much.

Simply put, I've been working extremely hard with the demo and I want it to get a fair shot. Hopefully things will go well!

Alright, if you're reading this and have not yet voted over Greenlight, could you please consider doing it? Also spreading the word is one of the best possible ways. If you have any good ideas how to share the word please drop a comment!

Cheers!

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment